The Internal Audit Unit is a unit of work in the Company that carries out independent and objective assurance and consultation activities aimed to increase the value and improve the Company’s operations through a systematic approach by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, controlling and corporate governance processes undertaken by the Company in conducting its business activities.
VISION OF THE INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
To conduct Internal audit activities with commitment, professionalism, and in line with the goals and objectives of the Company, and to assist in the creation of Good Corporate Governance.
MISSIONS OF THE INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
To conduct internal audit activities that are systematic, consultative and constructive in order to provide added value to the Company and its Subsidiaries, Work Units/ Divisions, Departments and support the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
LEGAL BASIS FOR ESTABLISHING INTERNAL AUDIT
The Internal Audit Unit was established on the basis of the following:
- Law No. 40 of 2007 on Limited Liability Companies;
- Law No. 8 of 1995 on Capital Market;
- Approval of the Board of Directors of the Charter of Internal Audit dated 11 March 2009.
- Regulation of the Financial Services Authority No. 56/POJK.04/2015 dated 29 December 2015 on the Establishment and Guidelines for the Preparation of the Charter of the Internal Audit Unit (“POJK No. 56/2015”), Decree of the Board of Directors No.048/SKD/XI/2015 dated 13 November 2015 regarding the Approval of Job Transfer with respect to the Appointment of Head of Internal Audit Unit.
STRUCTURE AND POSITION OF THE INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
The Internal Audit Unit is headed by the Head of the Internal Audit Unit who oversees 3 auditors whereby the Internal Auditor is responsible to the Head of the Internal Audit Unit. The Internal Audit Unit is structurally responsible directly to the President Director and is functionally related to the Audit Committee.
The Head of Internal Audit Unit is appointed and dismissed by the President Director upon approval by the Board of Commissioners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNAL AUDIT
In accordance with the Charter of Internal Audit of the Company and OJK Regulation No. 56/POJK.04/2015, the duties and responsibilities of Internal Audit are:
- Develop an audit plan and work plan based on the results of the risk analysis faced by the Company in the achievement of business strategy, including to forge cooperation with the Audit Committee related to the preparation of the strategy.
- Conduct examination and assessment of efficiency and effectiveness in accounting finance, human resource operations, marketing, information technology and other activities in achieving the missions, objectives and strategies that have been established.
- Contribute to the improvement of effective control by reviewing and evaluating internal controls in all units of activity within the Company.
- Prepare and conduct a special audit (audit investigation), especially on the instructions of the Board of Directors
- Give suggestions on how to improve and provide objective information about the activities examined at all levels of management in the context of improving the systems, procedures, budgets and policies.
- Make audit report and submit it to the Board of Directors and Board of Commissioners.
- Monitor/analyze and report the implementation of improvement follow up as recommended.
- Prepare and improve the internal audit work standards and corporate internal audit guidelines applicable to the Company.
- Cooperate with the Audit Committee.
PROFILE OF THE HEAD OF THE INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
Indonesian citizen, 55 years old, is domiciled in Jakarta. He graduated the University of Indonesia and earned Bachelor degree in Accounting in 1989. He started his career as an auditor at KAP Amir Abadi Jusuf in 1989 and worked in the banking sector as Financial Management Reporting at Bank Subentra and joined as a DPK Settlement Team at IBRA until 1999. Joined the Company in 2000 and held various managerial positions in the Finance and Accounting Department until 2015, and in November 2015 was appointed the Head of the Company’s Internal Audit Unit until now.